Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up For Non-Bus Riders
Arrival – NORTH SIDE
Parents will enter HJS from the North side and pull-up to the sidewalk in the middle of the building on the North side. Signs will indicate the Student Drop-Off area. Students should exit vehicles on the building side and move to the sidewalk or grass area. Students should enter school through the North door near Room 101. After dropping-off, parents should continue to circle around the building and exit school grounds using the Southside Exits.
Please be extremely cautious and courteous when driving in and out of the Pick-up area, as the traffic will be heavy.
Preferred Student Drop-Off Time is 6:45 a.m. – 7:15 a.m.
(Reminder: School begins at 7:30 a.m.)
· Students must only be dropped off in the marked area. They must stay on the sidewalk/grass area as they enter the building.
· Please have your child ready to quickly exit the car when you pull up to the curb. Please say your goodbyes and give your reminders before reaching the drop-off area, as we must be mindful that there will be heavy traffic during this time, and we must keep things moving along.
· Students must go into the building immediately and wait in the Main Lobby.
· Students are not permitted to go to their classrooms until 7:15 a.m.
· Breakfast will be available for purchase from the cafeteria beginning at 7:00 a.m.
· Students must remain in the Main Lobby until we dismiss them to their classrooms at 7:15 a.m. The exception would be for students attending Period Success or purchasing breakfast.
· Students may be dropped off beginning at 6:45 a.m. but direct supervision of students will not begin until 7:00 a.m. We do not have personnel available to supervise students until that time.
· In the case of a snow delay, please adjust the drop-off times accordingly.
Dismissal – EAST PARKING LOT (Tennis Court Side)
The following procedure is necessary to ensure the safety of all students. Your support will help this process to flow smoothly. Parent drivers should park and wait for their student in the East Parking Lot. Sign-out is not necessary.
Student Pick-Up Time Begins at the 2:00 p.m. Dismissal
Please observe the following:
· Parents picking up students should arrive by 2:00 p.m.
· Please park in the East Parking Lot (Tennis Court Side). Signing students out is not necessary.
· Staff members will supervise the East Side Parking Lot.
· In leaving, please use the Exit Drive, which is on the South side of the building (access to this exit will begin once all of the buses are dismissed)– OR – the exit drive on the East Side leading to Hopewell Elementary
· Our goal is to have all HJS students picked up by 2:15 p.m. unless the student is approved to stay for Study Table. This is a critical safety issue because the school has limited personnel available for supervision.
· In the case of early dismissal, please adjust the pick-up time accordingly.
Let’s work together to ensure that student arrival and dismissal is efficient and most of all, safe for students.