Extra Curricular Activities
Below are several clubs/activities that you can become a part of throughout the year. More information regarding these groups will be announced to students during the school year.
1. Athletic Concession Workers: Students assist our athletic director in manning the concession stand during football, volleyball and basketball games. Any student can participate. Students sign up for games in early September.
2. Art Club: Art Club meets once a week for 2 hours beginning in the late fall and ending at Spring Break. Students are encouraged to use their art skills to serve the school and community. Projects are both individual and collaborative. Regular attendance is important but not mandatory. There will be a fee associated with this activity.
3. Drama Club: Students interested in acting, stage production, make-up, props, ushers, advertising should all sign up. Drama Club meetings are from 2:50-4:00pm on Monday and Wednesday (Mrs. Jacobs will notify Drama members of scheduling changes). There will be a fee associated with this activity.
4. Kaleidoscope (yearbook): Students joining this group assist the sponsor in creating the yearbook. The group forms in the fall. Any students can participate up to a maximum number of approximately twenty, chosen by the yearbook sponsor. Students should have a strong interest in taking photographs.
5. Literary Magazine: This compilation of student writings and artwork is published and sold in the spring. Announcements will be made for students to submit work and/or to join the group. TBA
6. National Junior Honor Society: Click here for more information.
7. Student Council: Student Council representatives support and lead the school in many ways. Students need to be able to attend required before and after school meetings. The council sponsors school activities, participates in fund raising projects, and focuses on community service.
8. Talent Show: The show is held in the spring each year with students and staff members performing. Tryouts are held approximately three weeks before the show. The Talent Show is sponsored jointly by Student Council and PTSO.
9. Thunderclub: The Thunderclub is an award received by athletes at Hopewell Junior School who achieve the requirement while participating in athletics. Requirements include: Perfect attendance during the sports season, no tardies to school, never failing a subject on the weekly eligibility check, no discipline referrals and no missed practices or games.